Re: 95/93 V6 Swap

From: Jack Paulson (cybermail1@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 13:10:10 EDT

Can you swap out the V6 for the 4.7?
Do you also have to do the transmission?
What would all that cost you?

--- Jason Bleazard <drazaelb@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Kyle Kozubal <grndak4x4@home.com> wrote:
> > Does anyone foresee any problems with a 95 4x4 V6
> engine directly
> > bolting up
> > and fitting on my 93 4x4 V6 Dak? My project may
> start a tad earlier
> > than Spring 2001 if so............
> > Kyle
> > 93 Dakota 4x4 V6
>
> What the heck is Kyle up to? Swapping one V6 for
> another one?
>
> If you're going to the trouble of swapping engines,
> why not go for a
> V8? Just the price? Do you maybe have some new
> sick idea for the V6
> and need a test platform? (just curious)
>

> =====
> Linux: Because a 486 is a terrible thing to waste.

> Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto,
> Ontario
> his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 239 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab,
> white
> hers: '98 Dakota Sport 4x4, 318 V8, Auto, Club Cab,
> black

> Yahoo! Photos - 35mm Quality Prints, Now Get 15
> Free!
> http://photos.yahoo.com/

=====
2000 Quad Cab 4X4-Sport V-6 Automatic Sports Plus Package
31X10.5 tires Limited Slip 3.55 Trailer Tow Group
HD Package Skid Plates Added:Airaid air filter,Flowmaster 3 chamber,
Steel Horse Torneau cover, Autolite Double Platinum Spark Plugs,
Removed air horns from Throttle Boddy, added new TB bolts,
Cool Tape around air filter and A/C tubes