Re: Gas mileage?

From: Jack Paulson (cybermail1@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 13:08:20 EDT

I would love to know which mods give what amount of
increase in mileage but, usually there are a lot of
variables to contend with.
My suggestions are:
- Lighten up - take out any extra weight
- Air up - Put in the correct air pressure - I use
35psi for my 31X10.5 street use
- Aero dynamics - take off roof rack accessories when
not needed
- Flowmaster - It sounds nice if nothing else
- Keep it tuned up

Really question other mods for increases in MPG.
When I asked if the 180 degree install incrased MPG
most on the list said they didn't notice any.

The other popular mods on the list are the floowing
but I don't know if they actually increase mileage ( I
would like to know:
-Synthetic motor oil
-8MM wires
-Tornnau cover - most said that with the design of
newer trucks this does not help MPG
-Amsoil gear oil
-High voltage ingition coils
-Cowl hoods - I just asked about this and Learned a
great deal - maybe by keeping the engin and air into
it cooler the MPG would go up but by how much?
-Electric Fan

I'm getting 17mpg city - not a heavy foot and 21
highway @65.
I'm going on a long trip this weekend so I will be
courious to know what highway MPG I get.

Let me know if you find anything that helps to get the
mpg up.
Thanks

--- PoohDog629@aol.com wrote:
> Hey all, I hope the list can get over the latest
> trend of temper flares
> without losing any major members. I think we just
> need to remember how much
> information the list brings us and everything that
> we can learn and share
> about our trucks because of the list. With my .02
> added here is my question
> for all of you all knowing dakota owners. I'm
> looking for some gas mileage
> out of my 5.2 '98 cc. Right now with nothing but
> city driving and keeping my
> foot out of it I'm right at 13.5 mpg. That's not too
> bad, but I was wondering
> what I could do to get this figure up a couple
> digits. The only modification
> I have made to my truck is the K&N FIPK. I put it on
> about 2 weeks ago and
> haven't yet gotten any hard numbers on gas mileage,
> but it looks as if things
> haven't really improved any in this department. I
> have seen a big amount of
> gain in the giddyup and go department though and I
> love it. I'm looking to
> mainly make the truck run as efficiently as possible
> and if I can get some
> extra hp's I wouldn't be disappointed. Thanks to all
> of you that have brought
> me some major findings and information about my
> truck.
>
> Mike

=====
2000 Quad Cab 4X4-Sport V-6 Automatic Sports Plus Package
31X10.5 tires Limited Slip 3.55 Trailer Tow Group
HD Package Skid Plates Added:Airaid air filter,Flowmaster 3 chamber,
Steel Horse Torneau cover, Autolite Double Platinum Spark Plugs,
Removed air horns from Throttle Boddy, added new TB bolts,
Cool Tape around air filter and A/C tubes