Re: H/D Maintenance for my '97,Attn: Bernd,Doug

From: DRD892@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 17:19:33 EDT

Bernd,

I think the Bushing Kits for the Generation III are fairly new.
I do not have the part number infront of me but I will get
them for you tomorrow.

Actually, there were 5 Kits. Two were $11.85 each for $23.70, one was $82.42
and two were $37.45 each. I think that's $181.02 for the parts (plus tax, of
course).
Installation was a real pistol. The old rubber bushings do not come out
easily.
Obviously requires a complete disassembly of the front end and rear sway bar.
It is a time consuming operation.

The results are well worth the expense. I would do it again.
I'll get back to you on the part numbers.

Doug,

I think there are kits available for the 4X4. My Dakota is a 4X2.

David R.
Sterling Heights
Michigan
drd892@aol.com