Re: Priceline Gasoline and Groceries discontinued

From: Thumper (thumper72@lvcm.com)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 18:49:00 EDT

The major oil companies (Texaco, Chevron, Etc.) were threatening Priceline
with lawsuits. Priceline made their cards available to use at certain
stations without permission of those stations and then proceeded to charge
those staions a "transaction fee" everytime a Priceline card was used. I
saw my station (that I manage) listed and played hell with them trying to
get it taken off the list. I was all for the Priceline card until I saw a
near thousand dollar charge for "transaction fees" on our monthly statement.

Bill Boggs
thumper72@lvcm.com
http://www.lvcm.com/thumper/white_lightning.html
"White Lightning"