Running on 7 cylinders...

From: Sean Bruckman (bruckman@urisp.com)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 14:07:12 EDT

In relation to my other post about the Bosch +4's... I drove my truck from
work, to home, to my parents (my dad's got more tools)... for a grand total
of about 40 miles before i realized that the problem was i had not properly
clipped the wires leading into my number 7 ignition coil. This means the
computer in my truck had cut off the fuel flow to that cyl and had no way to
spark... what are the effects of running on fewer cylinders? i figure not
much considering it's electronically controlled nowadays... that piston was
just dead weight for the others to move around... it's not going to affect
the balance of the engine or anything, is it? i know these 4.7's use very
tight tolerances.

The truck runs great now BTW, but any input on what i caused would be nice.

Sean Bruckman