Running on 7 cylinders...

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 17:20:25 EDT

I doubt it I don't think the 4.7's have a set firing order like a normal v8...

Chris

>In relation to my other post about the Bosch +4's... I drove my truck from
>work, to home, to my parents (my dad's got more tools)... for a grand total
>of about 40 miles before i realized that the problem was i had not properly
>clipped the wires leading into my number 7 ignition coil. This means the
>computer in my truck had cut off the fuel flow to that cyl and had no way to
>spark... what are the effects of running on fewer cylinders? i figure not
>much considering it's electronically controlled nowadays... that piston was
>just dead weight for the others to move around... it's not going to affect
>the balance of the engine or anything, is it? i know these 4.7's use very
>tight tolerances.
>
>The truck runs great now BTW, but any input on what i caused would be nice.
>
>Sean Bruckman

'00 CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Traction Bars, Alarm,
Pioneer Stereo, Bugflector II Bug Guard, Fender Flairs, Tinted Windows,
Spring Clamps, Magnum Front Plate, Quick D Intake, "Smoke Em" Decal
http://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm