underdrive pulley Q

From: Michael Kuriger (michael@isuzu-mods.com)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 15:41:21 EDT

I don't know about v8's, but on the 4bangers underdrive pulleys are able to free up
gobs of power due to their weight. The underdrive pulley is 25% smaller in
diameter and 80% lighter.

I have not installed an underdrive pulley on my durango yet because I am afraid of
throwing the balance off. Is the crank pulley also a harmonic balance? if so,
what will the effect be of long term underdrive pulley use?

--
-=Mike Kuriger
1991 Isuzu Impulse RS 1.8