Intake backfire, EGR question, Low RPM

From: Chad Clifton (chadofile@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 21:14:23 EDT

Hey Everyone,

1. Every since I installed my FABM, I have been
getting a loud pop from the intake under hard
acceleration. What's causing this and how can I
correct it?

2. Is there a way to test a EGR valve to see if it is
operating correctly?

3. My truck idles at around 400 RPM's after warming up
and as low as 250 - 300 after driving for about 10
minutes. Is this a problem and if so, how can I
correct it? Seems that most Daks operate around the
600 RPM mark. It occasionally acts like it might want
to stall if I get on it and then push the clutch in.
For example, revving through a parking lot in 1st at
about 3500 RPM's, then pushing the clutch in to stop
as I approach the exit.

The Dak is a '95 V6 5speed CC with 75000 miles. Mods
include FABM, Dynomax Race Magnum Muffler, Pennzoil
Synthetic oil, K&N oil filter, Champion Truck Plugs
(soon to be replaced, but still looking great after
20,000 miles), 180 Degree thermostat.

I appreciate all the knowledge from the list. I've
been a member for 3 - 4 years now, mainly an observer.

Thanks,

   Chad Clifton