Replacement Engine Costs

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 23:33:53 EDT

I requested a quote from Marshall engines for a 3.9L V6, and here is what
they sent me:
"Thank You for inquiring about Marshall Engines. Our engines come with a
standard 3 year or 50,000 mile warranty if the vehicle is 3/4 ton or less.
All engines are shipped freight collect to the customer. If you need more
assistance or would like to get the name of the distributor closest to you
please call 1-888-899-8286 (toll free).. The price of the engine would be
$1229.00 after core exchange."
I emailed them back some other questions, like freight charges and
such....and will post the answers when I get them, usually within one
business day.
http://www.marshallengines.com/
http://www.jasperengines.com/frames.html
For a description of what goes into the Marshall engines, check out:
http://www.marshallengines.com/whatgoes.htm
Jasper has a really cool movie on their website concerning the teardown and
the complete parts replacement process of their engines. Just go to their
website, click on "Products", then on "Gas" Engines, and then watch their
Gas Engine Video, you will need Media Player. Pretty neat though.
Whatcha think? I am still waiting for Jasper engines to get back with me
concerning their prices. Jasper engines just seem to be built rather well,
to my untrained eye atleast.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6