Re: Transmission Rebuild Question

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 23:55:28 EDT

In a message dated 10/6/2000 10:40:49 PM Central Daylight Time,
grndak4x4@home.com writes:

> Can a transmission be rebuilt without taking it out of the vehicle? How
> close to being 100% rebuilt can they actually rebuild an automatic tranny?
> Costwise, can a brand new or completely remanufactured auto tranny be
> bought, housing and all or would a good solid rebuild be cheaper?

Better to ask than to blindly guess and throw money around.
I'd say a tranny can get about 5% rebuilt while installed. In short.. it
needs to come out to be done.I high quality shop should be able to rebuild
yours and have it better than new for less than getting a new one. and if
you go with one that's already been rebuilt. then it may not be done to what
would best suit your needs.

Just my opinion... But I say have it redone.. and have it built to the hilt.

Aaron
95 Dakota Sport
86 Shelby Charger Turbo
94 Dakota Sport (soon to join ranks)