Re: Transmission Rebuild Question

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Oct 07 2000 - 08:03:28 EDT

> Better to ask than to blindly guess and throw money around.
> I'd say a tranny can get about 5% rebuilt while installed. In short.. it
> needs to come out to be done.I high quality shop should be able to rebuild
> yours and have it better than new for less than getting a new one. and if
> you go with one that's already been rebuilt. then it may not be done to
what
> would best suit your needs.
>
> Just my opinion... But I say have it redone.. and have it built to the
hilt.

Aaron,
This is kind of what I was thinking, but still had no clue :)
I see what you are saying about having it rebuilt and having it built stout
and all.
I guess when/if I get the tranny worked on, I would like to have everything
tore down and all the possible wear items replaced, and see what parts or
areas I could upgrade. Thanks alot for your input.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6