Re: Re: RE: Re: RE: MULTI-SPEED AUTO???

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Oct 07 2000 - 14:50:42 EDT

Interesting stuff Bob-

When I ran the truck the first time, it was so new I didn't know it well.
My fastest pass was in auto. But with the wind changing so dramatically it
was hard to get good data points. I really hope I can make the November
get together at Carlsbad. My wife's boss has a tricked out Durango I want
to race with my lowly WunderSLT. Call the cosmetic crap in the world and a
set of headers is not going to make a Durango quicker than my Dak! But
because his 5.9 is quite a bit louder than my little 4.7 he's certain he's
faster!!!! Surprise!

I can't feel if a redline shift is beneficial or not compared to normal WOT
shift points. Certainly as high as possible in the 1-2 is the norm, but I
can't decide if I should shift a little earlier in the 2-3? I think the
Quick D intake is going to change this as I haven't played enough with it.
It has more air now and before it seemed to be nosing over hard waiting for
the 2-3 shift. I don't think this will be as bad, but I haven't tired it
while really paying attention. I've only driven the truck three times
after the visit to Quick D. But it sure has been fun. A neighbor stopped
me going up the street wanting to know what I had done as it sounded even
meaner!

-STE