Re: problems w/ M1

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@mediaone.net)
Date: Sat Oct 07 2000 - 18:59:46 EDT

Go buy the mopar intake gasket kit for the 318/360. It uses stanmped
steel/rubber front and rear gaskets with locating pins. I have used these
for a few months, driven about 1500 miles so far, and have made at least
20-30 1/4 mile runs without any blow by. You may have too much pressure in
your crankcase. Make sure your breather and PCV valves are good and install
an extra breather in you valvecover if possible. Don't use cork gaskets!
They suck, the surfaces on the block are too narrow to seal with cork, the
steel plate between rubber keeps it from distorting.

Mark Kuzia
flyboy01@mediaone.net
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/home.html
1995 Dakota 13.79 @ 102.45 mph