Re: magnaflow or flowmaster

From: NVMYDakota@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 07 2000 - 18:47:19 EDT

In a message dated 10/4/00 4:38:41 PM Mountain Daylight Time, bernd@texas.net
writes:

> You did know that some mufflers perform better than a straight pipe right?
>
> Flowmasters are loud but that also depends on which model (single chamber,
> 2, 3). I had a set of Flowmasters on my old Camaro as well and they were
> pretty mellow at idle but were pretty loud under WOT.
>
> - Bernd

Loud is also based on muffler VS end of pipe and bends between . A muffler
(take ym Dynomax Magnum Racer muffler) with the 3" turndown right afterwords
 was KICK ASS (loud than HELL!) but with the dynomax 2.75" pipe installed
it's mucho quiter. The volume basically depends on A the muffler design, B
weather or not there a Cat installed and C the length of pipe. I did find
that reguardless of where the muffler is, the sound is quiter is the same
amount of pipe is used. So if you want LOUD exit infront of rear wheels, if
you want quite, go straigh back duals or maybe even to the sides duals, it'll
be far quiter!

Greg