RE: 180 Tstat

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 18:12:50 EDT

Yup...it's that easy.

- Bernd

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of jay & dana
Sent: Sunday, October 08, 2000 4:59 PM
To: DML
Subject: DML: 180 Tstat

O.K. I decided to put on a 180 thermostat in my truck as everyone on the DML
convinced me. (Even though I live in the great white north) I've checked a
few sites on the install procedure but mine looks alot easier, (1997 V8,
318). I shouldn't have to remove the alternator and I don't have A/C. I
can remove the 2 housing bolts with ratchet extensions, move the upper rad
hose out of the way and do it. 1 question though. I have replaced many
thermostats on a small block Chevy (easy), is this the same process, remove
old thermostat, put new 180 in, place gasket on and tighten the 2 housing
bolts? Will I have to grind off a little tip on the surface of the housing
as I have read before with the V6's? Does it matter which direction the
thermostat goes in (notches etc.)? On the Chevy V8's you just drop it in
(pellet down of course) and tighten up the housing bolts. Are the DAK 318,
V8's just as easy?

Thanks
Jay