Re:Uniden CBs?

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 09:16:59 EDT

Uniden makes a nice radio. A friend of mine had one in his Blazer and it was
loud and clear (it had been tweaked by me). He talked out of a Wilson 1000
magnet mount. He had it placed about mid-way up the top of his roof. Made
one heck of a ground plane for it. He later sold it and bought a Galaxy 99.
In my opinion, the Cobra 25 is a great little radio that can be tweaked and
sounds great. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles (echo, roger beep,
etc..) but not everyone likes those. The reason I had the Galaxy 88 was for
the echo board, channels, and frequency counter. I hate roger beeps (aka
good buddy beeps), so I turned mine into a "mule fart". Makes for
interesting topics for cb talk. But either way, a Uniden, A Cobra, or a
Galaxy is a nice radio. If you get a Galaxy, stay only on the 40 cb
channels, unless you are a ham. And as far as a mic is concerned, go with
the Road King noise canceling mic. Works great and filters out all that
background noise, esp if you have a Flowmaster or other loud muffler.

Will
96 Cylindrically Challenged (Anemic my A**!!!) V-6