Five Star Blow off, or how to ruin a good customer.

From: Scott Stemen (pilot.dog@gte.net)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 10:46:22 EDT

Do you have a 4.7 L Dak?
Has it ever died on you?
Has it ever changed Idle by 500+ RPM without your input?
Would you be willing to email me directly at mailto:pilot.dog@gte.net ?

The engine on my 4.7 L manual has died 4 time now. It also changes RPM when
in neutral by as much as 500 RPM. I have taken it to the dealer and they
tell me the speed changes are "Normal operation for that vehicle." When I
asked them to look at the problem with the engine stopping I was told,

"Scott I am done with you unless you can make that engine fail with my
technician in the truck."
Yes the dealer told me to go away with my silly little problem until it
becomes so sever that it dies in his shop. And he is not going on any more
test drives with me. So if you really want to know a shitty place to buy a
car and you live in Seattle Washington let me tell you about Bellevue Dodge.

Now I figure that should a brand new truck with only 3000 miles on it start
dieing there have got to be more out there. I am going to compile names and
send them to Chrysler and the National Highway Transportation Safety board,
as well as my lawyer. Should this truck choose to die at the wrong time it
puts my wife (she weights 100 pounds the truck weighs 4000+) in peril
because the power steering and breaks will have just died too. Given all the
heat that Ford took over a tire problem lets see if the NTHSB really is
interested in solving problems or just looking good on election year.

A brand new vehicle should not die, and a dealer should not just tell it's
customers, "I am done with you."

Scott Stemen
email pilot.dog@gte.net
2000 Intense Blue 4.7 L manual 4x4.