Re: Re: Re: Intake manifold

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@flometrics.com)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 02:01:39 EDT

Steven
I havnt been able to figure out Hughes's CFM #s either... My SF600 cant
replicate their results. Im fully calibrated too. My results for F&B
products (very high flow V8 TBs) show the stocker wheezing out at 636 CFM @
25" water, the Old F&B stage one flows 745 @ 25" water, and the billet flows
790cfm @ 25" water. IAC ports blacked. Id normally test at a lower vacuum
(19"water), but I was trying to replicate the Hughes test #s. Maybe Hughes
is flowing the TBs with the IAC ports WFO... If thats the case then Ill
start porting the IAC for super high performance idle characteristics...
J.K... I already port the IAC...yuk yuk yuk but seriously, If you add IAC
flow, add about 100cfm. Thats why flow bench #s are so subjective user to
user. Alas, I am awash in a sea of data and decisions....
Bruce