Dura Luba Hype Part II

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 12:20:46 EDT

In a message dated 10/9/00 12:03:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, bernd@texas.net
writes:

> > If u want to make your engine last longer,in my opinion(and others too)
> stick
> > with Mobil 1 synthetic...
> >
> > I had 87,000 miles use in my 1994 Caravan,with no engine problem.
> > Opened the oil filler cap,it was so clean,u could eat off of it..
> > (No Kidding)
> >
> > STAY AWAY FROM ALL THAT STUFF...EVEN THE NEW STUFF..."Z-MAX"

That website I read recommended standard oil. They said that yes synthetic is
better than standard oil, but in temperature ranges well beyond that of a
normal engine. Your engine would be a toasted mess long before you saw the
benefits of synthetic. Personally I'd only run full synth in a forced
induction engine. I'll be running it in my new 6 liter. I'll probably use
dino for the 1st 500 miles, then switch after that.
    They recommended oil changes every 5000 miles. They say mileage how
almost nothing to do with the breakdown of oil, it's the acid created my
crankcase gases (mostly blowby) that thins the oil and causes it to lose it's
effectiveness. They said that the best thing you can do to prlong your engine
is not adding crap to your oil, but by making sure you have a very good
crankcase breathing system. Make sure your PVC valve isn't stuck, and that
your breathers aren't clogged. You get the most wear in the first 10 seconds
before the oil has a chance to circulate and wash away this acid. They said
that if you count to ten in between starting your truck and actually putting
it in gear, you can increase your engine life twofold. I will be following
this practice from now on.

-Austin
Vipertruck