Re: Dura Lube Hype (Real long but recommended reading)

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@flometrics.com)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 02:42:46 EDT

325 K on my 72 barracudas 318... only the finest grade RECYCLED 30 weight
(straight up no multi visc) was used for its entire life... Engine was
rebuilt/fully built after it burned a couple valves going up the grade out
of Yuma.... With the A/C on and the temp a bit high outside (112 F)... The
bearings looked worn but useable (for a street only unit). All of the
rubber was toast (like valve seals). The pistons were loose, but there was
almost no taper or ridge! go figure.
Love those older engine "loose" tolerances from the factory! Disclaimer:
Dont try this with your Magnum motor!
Bruce