long reply...Re: Howdy all!

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@flometrics.com)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 03:31:05 EDT

Bob,
Well, Im working contract engineering now (6 10s...) and loving it. Got an
office with a door and window (good bye cubes!) The R/T is doing well!
Aside from the factory installed loose bolts, its seems as reliable and
ready to please as I had hoped. Right now (this week) my truck profile is:
98 R/T CC, JBA headers and headpipes, true 3" cat back with pre-muffler
dump, stock tip producing a 50s ripping sound when attached to the Bullett
16" long 3" straight thru muffler. Mopar PCM (liked the Zimmer flash
better, no door locks on at 15mph), K&N GENII, Lucas 270cc matched disk
injectors (approx 22#s?) 8.5mm wires, Hotchkiss tuned Bilsteins (highly
recommended for a 98 R/T, made a HUGE difference in freeway bump handling
and hard cornering over bumps, no more rebound top out!). New set of
RSAs... Basically stock. Ive got the 1.7 rocker kit ready to install.
Going to wait and order an MPI manifold to install at the same time. My
intention is to create a fast truck that I can still go camping in and haul
something in (less than 2500lbs, thanks DC.)... So far so good. Im
definitely ready to design a nice 4.7 TB (sorry about the cost...) and get
my V6 stuff underway. We're getting ready (slowly) for our rocket launch on
the 3rd of Dec. 1000lbs thrust Atlas vernier on a 14 ft tall vehicle...
about 3-5 miles we hope (or a big fire ball on the pad...) The motor picked
up the back of a mini truck we mounted the stand in for testing...and the
truck was guy wired to the ground with steel cables. Cant find a local
track that would let us do that for real though...
Bruce