Re: RE: warning about so-called 5 star dealer ..

From: Jon (jon@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 15:13:58 EDT

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Chapell, Ron wrote:

> I know that there are plenty of dealers out there that just don't give a
> crap after the sale. If you want to read about another story of misfortune
> go to http://www.twinkyee.com/truck/JimClick.htm Once you are there you
> will notice that it is about a Ferd dealing but he is getting the same run
> around if not worse. He has a message forum. Feel free to post a comment and
> show support as a truck owner. (If anything it will make you as a Dodge
> owner look better for supporting a non Dodge owner. Shows character.) Thanks
> for you time. I just thought that you might want to see that we are not the
> only ones getting jerked around.
>
> Ron Chapell
>
> p.s. Jake - Sorry to hear about you predicament. I am glad that the other
> dealer was willing to help. Just remember to fight on. Some things are worth
> it.

   Yep, this is the reason why I created the Dealership Rating Resource. I
don't know how much good it actually does, but if it steers one person away
from a bad dealer, then I guess its worth it to that person. I notice that
someone has already added a negative report for Jim Click:

http://www.dakota-truck.net/dealer/ENTRIES/jim_click_dodge/SALES/experiences.html

  The main page for the Dealer Resource is:

http://www.dakota-truck.net/dealer

   I actually have several experiences and dealers to add, so if you've
submitted something and it hasn't shown up yet, I'm not ignoring
you, there's just not enough hours in the day! :-( I'll get to 'em all
eventually though...

                                              -Jon-

  .---- Jon Steiger ----- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@twistedbits.net ------.
  | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL |
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `------------------------------ http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ----'