Re: ProBlend "Nitro Power" Octane Booster

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 19:06:19 EDT

I'm wondering if NOS is discountinueing the black bottle octance boost.

I picked one up at Pepboys hidden way back behind other boxes.

At Autozone which has neater stocking and fresher inventory, there is no
black bottle but a new red bottle (similar colors to the lopo version).
The two offerings are Street version and Off-Road version. The off-road
version is the same +7 point increase, but no "contains NitroMethane"
label.

I haven't tried it yet. It's expensive! $19.99 a can. Thought I might
save it for the November Carlsbad grudge races!!! Or my Buttonwillow
weekend at the end of the month.

The class racing folks are having a real problem with fuel additives. I
haven't spoken with anybody in the know, but its serious. I wonder if
there really is some on the shelf products with performance enhancers
besides just raising octane. I'll try to talk with some Super Stock owners
at Pomona next month and get a clue as to what additives are giving NHRA
the fits. They are limiting people to a small choice of "spec" fuels.
Fuel samples are drawn and they must match. This means racers have to be
VERY careful now about draining and cleaning the tank when switching fuels,
and they can't carelessly mix or add street gas or other race fuels.

-STE