Warped Again......

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 18:54:17 EDT

Well when I got home tonight after work, I finally pulled the rear
tires/drums off the inspect things. I was getting some nasty noises coming
from the rear and some mild vibrations when I was breaking. I last did a
complete new rear brake job in December '99. This included new rear brake
lines, new rear shoes, new rear wheel cylinders and new rear drums. I took
the drums in to be turned, cause they looked glazed and very very shiny. The
place I take them to is a very good and well respected machine shop in my
area. They tech called me on my cell phone right after I dropped them off,
and told me he couldn't turn them. I told him they were under a year old and
have never been turned. He said they were sooooo warped all the grinding in
the world wouldn't make then straight. So I picked them up and took them
back to the place I bought them at and they gladly exchanged them for a new
pair. I am off to clean them up and slap them on right now, so I will let
everyone know if they are better. I didn't get cheapies either, I paid $50
per drum.....and they are even made by Bendix. Thank goodness they have a
warranty! Hopefully this wont be a reoccurring problem, as my factory drums
were great for 115,000 miles, and through 3-4 turns even. If the new ones
warp again, I am just going to have them refund my money and buy some drums
from the dealer. $$$$$$ well see about that :)
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6