Re: G-Tech

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 21:41:14 EDT

I've had similar problems with UPS. When you call, make SURE they put a
flag & notice on the "account." Then call up 15 minutes later and check
on it. If it's botched, immediately ask for a supervisor.

After 3 failed attempts, they'll hold it at the local office. UPS won't
give you the phone number for any local office, they force you to go
through their one call center (my parents managed to get the number of
the Albany UPS office after they royally screwed up delivery of a $1800
computer; the manager of the office PERSONALLY delivered it
ultimately). Call the 800 number, tell them to HOLD it at the shipping
center (they may be doing so already), and go pick it up.

This is why I have everything shipped to my office. I'm afraid I may
anger the powers that be, but basically, their choice is I have things
shipped there 1-2 times a month, or I take a day's vacation to sit at
home and wait for UPS to arrive.

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ --- andylevy@bigfoot.com ------------------------------------------------------------- "We like AMD. The enemy of our enemy is our friend." --- Jonathan Schwartz Sun senior vice president -------------------------------------------------------------