Re: 95/93 V6 Swap; Future Plans.......

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 06:57:18 EDT

In a message dated 10/10/00 6:11:43 PM, grndak4x4@home.com writes:

<< So ultimately I want the 2000lb V8 tbars. I am going to start pricing the a

set through the junk yard compared to a brand new set, just to see how much

I can save or if I should just go the new route, depending on what the price

is. >>

I just ordered a set this week through the local dealer, they charged 162 per
side (ouch!) for the V8 2000lb T-bars... www.mopar4less.com quoted around
125/each, but I would imagine shipping would be expensive due to the heavy
weight and odd size...for the time being I will keep them as spares (for
rockcrawling in Tellico in November) then swap them out...
I also ordered a gas tank and Xfer case skid plate while I was at it (and a
32-tooth speedo pinion)...

<< My V6 also doesnt run as 'grunty' as it used to. I just clicked over

130,000 miles today, and just would like to start pricing remanufactured

engines and such. I dont want a new truck payment, nor do I wnat to part

with my Dak just because its engine is getting tired. By no means is the

engine shot, as I know it has another 50,000 miles in her, just want some

ooomph back, ya know? >>

that's good to hear that no major problems yet, I'm at 110,000 myself, still
going very strong! I'm starting to "accessorize" the engine with occasional
upgrades to see if that adds any more butt dyno...I am still waiting on Tony
(QuickD) to get me a Ram intake tube setup and a GenIII air hat, its been
over a month but I realize he's busy...have a 180 deg. T-stat, new radiator
hoses and an electric fan waiting to be put in....

<< Dave, please let me know how you like those 4.10s as well as that stout

Detroit Locker! I am still debtaing the Detroit Locker, as I dont think I

can get it for my current 3.55 gear setup, or can I????? >>

I dropped the Dak off yesterday for the gear and locker install, should be
done Friday or Saturday, can't wait. And yes, you can get a Detroit C-locker
for a Chrysler 8.25 diff (that's what I got), independent of the ring and pini
on ratio (at least that's what they told me at Randy's R&P)...the important
factor is the spline count...now I'm just concerned about busting an axle
off-road...the mechanic had my axles pulled right away and they didn't look
as stout as I thought they would be...might be something I'll need to get a
spare to carry (as well as some U-joints)...

<< currently set in stone is a PA 2" body lift, which I ordered this week. I

want to start gathering up a bunch of parts and accessories so I can have a

fun winter putting them on so I am ready for some spring fun. I am going for

32s, without a doubt. I am going to get the body lift on, the new V8 tbars

on, and get some new rear spring packs made with a lift built into them. I

am sure I will be able to clear them. The Dak is going in at the end of the

month for a LineX spray job on the entire lower 1/4 of the body; starting

from behind the front fender flares and going all the way to the tailgate

area. >>

awesome! You'll love the 2" lift...I think you'll probably be able to do 32's
with it, especially if you are adding lift with a new spring pack...you might
need to do some minor trimming on the front plastic air dam...oh, didn't you
remove that anyways? don't forget a new speedo pinion when you do the tire
swap...and another factor you'll see is the fender skirts will show a little
gap in front, on top of the frame...I still need to find some sheet rubber or
plastic to cover it up...
LineX on the lower rocker panels? Cool!!! I thought about that, one day
perhaps, got enough to deal with this month!!! Good luck, keep us updated!

Dave

Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
'96 Dakota CC 4x4 3.9L 5-spd, 4" TM susp. lift, 2" Body lift, 33" BFG MT's
etc...