Belly pan gasket idea

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 13:01:39 EDT

While I had my intake off recently (with Bernd's help, Thanks again) and had
it
modified, Wesly Jr., my machinist, took the manifold and and carved out a
little channel in the belly pan region on the intake, even made perfect
circle around the bolt holes. When I got it back, I asked him why, and he
smiled and said,"So
the silicone wil have somewhere to flow and stick." I thought it was a great
idea, if you have a steady hand, you could probably break out the dremel and
do it by hand. I used a bead of Ultra-Copper silicone on the manifold and
allowed it to sit for about 30 minutes before the belly pan was bolted back
one. Wesly has done this to his Ram (5.9 Liter) and it has held up fine,
even to the Novi 2000 that he has on it. Just an idea while you had it off.

Will
96 Cylidrically Challenge (Anemic my A**!!!)