About to install heads....Gotta ?

From: DONKEYJAKE@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 19:12:56 EDT

 I just bought a set of Flowtech headers and the shops resident pro told me
that they would come shipped with a film on them. He said that it was to
protect it during shipping and I should sand it off before installing them.
Most people just put them right on, crank it up, and this film burn off. I
was told this is wrong. After sanding and cleaning, a high temp paint should
be applied followed by about an hour of baking at 400 degrees in the oven.
This is supposed to extend the life of the heads. So, my question (finally)
is, is this right? Any feedback as always is appreciated, and any ideas are
welcome. Thanks.

JAKE
97 CC 4x4 5.2l