Re: Texas Emissions testing.?

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 22:38:35 EDT

It is true that testing varies from large metropolitan areas to smaller ones.
The areas like Dallas/Ft Worth which have a smog problem have tougher testing.
I am in Waco, 85 miles south of Dallas and we only inspect the usual lights,
horn. wipers etc. As to emissions we inspect for presence of factory devices
such as Air preheaters on veichles originally equipped and exhaust systems for
leaks only. we also inspect gas caps to make sure they don't leak fumes. We do
not use sniffers or even check for oil burning (though i think we should).