Re: heads

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 00:51:05 EDT

In a message dated 10/11/2000 10:34:32 PM Central Daylight Time,
jon@fast4x4.net writes:

> were you driving an S-10 blazer? I had to stay alert the entire time to
> keep the tires planted, you must respect the axle torchuring torque of the
> mighty 2.8 v6!!!! and why did it take you so long? that's an average
> speed of 50mph!!! I would expect to see an avg. speed of no less than
> 80-85mph ;-)

No Jon..No S-10 We were using my roommates ext cab Ferd Ranger.. 2.3L..(w/
165K miles), it did manage to break 100 once on a downhill run. We stopped
off at the Greenvile, SC Hooters for an hour or so.. Had some poor driving
directions that cost us about 45min.. and napped for about 3 hours on the
way back. Which was also an adventure.. a Ranger pulling a Dakota cross
country.. I got a good deal cause it wasn't running.. should be on Friday.
Also.. I can rarely average better than 80 anymore on long trips like that.
I did Naples, Fl to Kankakee, IL averaging 82 and still getting some time to
sleep in there.. In a Neon.. Just held it at the limiter for .. well.. for
quite a while.. 118MPH.. and holding..
Now to start rounding up some goodies for my new toy. I need to get the
composite headlights on it. and a set of nice rims.. but only as money
permits.

Aaron
95 Dakota Sport
86 Shelby Charger Turbo