Consumer Reports - love to hate 'em

From: Rob Parenti (rparenti@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 19:12:49 EDT

I subscribe to Consumer Reports, but you got to understand, everything, I
mean *everything* in there must be taken with a grain of salt. Their
"reviews" are written by and for the most average, vanilla, generic people.
They are totally shallow, as in no depth whatsoever. Their ratings are
based on criteria serious users would be going way beyond. Probably every
single DML list member has a better working knowledge of what they want in a
truck than anybody at CR. They didn't even get it right when the tested car
polish and wax.

I used CR when I bought a new refrigerator, something I know nothing about.

- Rob