RE: RE: 4.7 Z-Tube Info - what's the deal?

From: Rob Parenti (rparenti@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 21:29:37 EDT

I got the standard 7" PowerStack filter. According to the site: "The 7"
PowerStack has been flow bench tested at 1272 CFM, enough for a 600hp
motor." I cannot personally confirm that. Options are 7" and 9" PowerStack
and BigMouth filters -
http://www.intenseperformance.com/products/cone_filters/cone_filters.html

I'm happy with the Z-Tube, and would buy it again without hesitation.
However I need to put together some kind of a shield to funnel cold air in
and block hot engine air.

I've been winding the engine out a little more lately and I don't think the
limitations are with the filter at this point. The narrow power curve
really makes itself evident.

Anybody have any news on the 4.7L HO? I heard it has a 68mm TB, a new
intake manifold, injectors, and premium fuel engine calibration.

- Rob