intsall

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 11:18:06 EDT

Welp I started puttin baby back together tonight. Got the deck cleaned and
the cam/distributor happy, and the lifters in their original bores.
Tommorrow after work I plan to lay the heads and start dealing with the
valve train. Couple questions.....

Should I spray the deck with brake cleaner just before installing the heads?

I didn't see any indication of front/top on the head gaskets, there were a
few digits printed in the gasket (pn#?) and so I plan on putting those up,
the water and oil passages seem to have lined up by doing it that way...

Would someone please review the roller rocker install procedure for me?
Kammer & Kammer 1.7s.... I believe Ted said stock torque specs, and 1/4
turn past 0 lash. This has to be done AFTER degreeing the cam, right?
   Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
        jon@fast4x4.net
       www.fast4x4.net
'95 Dakota 4x4 318 CC auto