Why are we mad about "anemic V6"???

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 08:48:03 EDT

Just curious as to why everyone is upset over this whole issue? I know that
most everyone here takes great pride in their dak, including me, but what
has this article actually done? It sure hasn't effected the power of my
truck.
I would think that those people who like to race their daks would LOVE this
article. It should just provoke those chevy and ford owners who read it to
challange any V6 dak they see. That would provide the opportunity to prove
just what our V6's can do.
For those that aren't into racing and may possibly be into 4x4ing, who
really cares about acceleration anyway? I know I've got plenty of torque on
demand. We all know acceleration is not always an accurate way to measure
power. If this was the case, the Ram Cummins should take off like a
rocketship.....but it doesn't.
Finally, what's the worst that could come of this article? DC sees it and
thinks this may affect the sale of V6's and in turn produces a new, more
powerful V6? I can't see much of a downside to that.
Sorry, I'll stop now.
--Aaron--
95 DSRC V6 4x4
www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95/