Re: v6 dakota towing specs...

From: mike kulczycki (dakota1994@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 08:50:33 EDT

well in my 94 V6 auto last year i towed my old talon home from school. the
car weighed about ~2300 lbs, uhaul trailer ~2000 lbs, ~300 lbs, worth of
stuff in the bed, and ~400 lbs of stuff in the car. so i had about ~5000
lbs behind me, give or take, and i had no problem at all. i went about 70
miles, but had no problem at all. just trun your overdrive off and take it
easy. the truck didn't like going up hills as much, but it made it. and
this is all stock height with 235/75/15 tires. i have the hidden hitch, one
of the best investments i ever made... very nice... just get a class 3
and your all set.... good luck..
mike k