Re: friend needs help

From: Jack Hilton (hemi@charter.net)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 09:12:36 EDT

This must be a 2.5Liter. The V6 and V8 have a chain. I am not sure, but I
didn't think that the timing belt going out on a 2.5 would damage the heads
like that? I know it can happen on some engines due to piston-to-valve
clearence, but I didn't think the 2.5 was one of the engines that this happened
on.

Yes, 48k seems a bit early, but check your owner's manual and see what the
recommended interval for replacement is on it. On many 4-cylinders it's 30-35k.

Jack