friend needs help

From: Y2KDakuda@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 09:03:53 EDT

Hi, Chris, I am calling for help!!!!!!

My son bought 97 Dakota last year, the truck ran well and was in real good
condition. However two weeks ago the timing belt went out,,, this was a big
surprise considering it only has 46K miles on it. We had it towed to the
dealers, where they determined that the engine was bad, the timing belt
racked the valves and that screwed up the pistons,,,,, augh!!!!!!. As you
can imagine I am not impressed with Dodge at all. (This was my first dodge
experience)

My question:
Is there anything thing we can do to help pay for the estimated damages.
($4800.00)

Do you have a website for the manufacturer?

Is this a typical problem with dodges?

I know the warranty was 3 and 36000, but dang!!!!!! a timing belt at 48k

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Sincerely
Paul Barton
BartonPJ@CBCPH.NAVY.MIL