Re: RE: FW: New dyno results, 4.7L Leach custom PCM

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Oct 14 2000 - 01:48:59 EDT

I wonder, what is the difference between the California and Federal Mopar
PCM's???

I was just wondering if a custom PCM is legal? And what happens when you
smog the truck in a place like Kalifornicatia and they see all that timing
advance??? Am I being paranoid? That is why I liked the idea of a Jet
Stage 2, but if they don't work they don't work and the consensus with V8
folks is, they don't work. Too bad too since they are convenient as hell
and only $217 to boot.

I'm dying for a little extra spark advance. I betcha it would help low end
which is why Matt felt the torque curve broaden some. I still haven't been
more than mid 90's and I didn't encounter a speed limit. I do run her to
6000 a lot. I'm a little leary of running 6500.

-STE