Re: RE: FW: New dyno results, 4.7L Leach custom PCM

From: WMBARRET@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 23:04:42 EDT

Rob, The PCM is a custom job from Mike Leach Co. Mike Leach Co is in CA, and
they write the software for Mopar for the Mopar HP PCM. Mopar has not
released the 4.7L PCM, and they may not for some time???
I took my PCM out of my truck and sent it FedEx to Mike Leach, they
reprogrammed it with same parameters as the Mopar HP PCM ( 4% fuel increase,
advanced timing 5 degrees , Speed limiter set to 254 mph(stock is 113mph),
rpm limiter set to 6500 rpm(stock is 6000 rpm), and a AC clutch lockout under
WOT) and then FedEx it back to me. Total down time was 2.5 days. cost was
$400 plus shipping, Satisfaction garuanteed by Mike Leach, if you don't like
it, send it back, they'll set it back to stock and refund your money. great
folks to deal with.
Biggest question is, is 8 hp (5spd) (less HP for an auto truck) worth $450
bucks???? Unless your are serious into drag racing, I would'nt recommend
it. You won't "feel" 8 hp or less in the seat of the pants. You may notice a
difference at the strip, but not much. I suspect it will be just enough to
get me into the high 14.4's consistently??

Matt--VA--Y2K-HEMI `00 Sport Plus RC
4.7L 5spd. 9 1/4 3.92 LSD, Homemade air intake,
T-Bars, Spring clamps, Mobil 1,Hoosiers
3" Flowmaster cat-back,Custom PCM
14.48 @ 92.40 MPH
216 RWHP/291.5 RWTQ
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

In a message dated 10/13/00 8:07:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,