Re: RE: FW: New dyno results, 4.7L Leach custom PCM

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Oct 14 2000 - 02:08:03 EDT

| That's the good thing about the HP PCM that came out. I still have my
stock
| one so if SMOG's a problem I'll just switch it out.

Yes, but because of OBD II you have to have the dealer do the swap. It's
not just VIN, its mileage. The dealer by the way said you can't swap back,
but what I think he is confused about is the Vin decoding. I don't think
they let you reenter a different VIN once you've put it in. So you
couldn't put it in another vehicle, but I'm sure you can swap back. Just
can't do it yourself.

-STE