RE: RE: FW: New dyno results, 4.7L Leach custom PCM

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Sat Oct 14 2000 - 02:48:07 EDT

Actually there's two schools of thought on that one. The mileage that's
transferred across to a new PCM is a maintenance mileage. Don't ask me what
that means or how that works because I haven't a clue. I'm told by a
mechanic that actually you should be able to swap back and forth once the
initial flash has been done by the dealer. I have not yet had time to do
that but will soon and let you know the results. At the same time I'm
trying to find out how and why that would be true. It really wouldn't
surprise me since there is another system in the Dak called the CABS that
actually captures tire revolutions. That, to me, is the safest place to
keep the odometer reading so tampering isn't a problem.

Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
For modifications see my DML Profile