Re: RE: FW: New dyno results, 4.7L Leach custom PCM

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Oct 14 2000 - 20:26:50 EDT

I'm sure they are talking about Mike Leach Co.

Milling the heads is an inexpensive hop up. Only problem I see is the
availability of Head gaskets and head bolts. Are the 4.7's torque to yield
style bolts???

I wonder if you can tell by a cranking compression test whether your
particular 4.7 was low or high spectrum on static compression. I can run
the test, but I wouldn't know what the numbers meant.

I wonder if Leach would put a little more advance in his custom flash for a
customer. I also wonder what would happen if you had an MP PCM and then
added a Jet stage 2 to advance it even more! It's ridiculous how far you
have to go and how much you have to spend just to bump up the timing!!!

-STE