Re: RE: ABS looooong po'boy intake installed on 4.7 - wow!

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 11:29:54 EDT

Yeah, you could put it that way. But from my point of view I just arrived at
the longet section of ABS tubing I could get under the hood and it happens to
be 'S' shaped. I think mine might be longer than the 'Z', and more turbulent
inside due to more bends and the ABS joins. But yes, I get the same signature
effects. I used the 9" cone. Why? well I figured it couldn't hurt. And if I
do some TB upgrade later it may end up being more appropriate anyway. BTW,
I was the one who first suggested the air hat was Bose-chambered and I now am
sure I was incorrect. There are chambers, but I don't think they are of the
Bose variety. I now believe they are de-tuned to reduce noise (resonance).
Kind of like anit-bose chambers or something. I vaguely recall that a Bose
chamber comes off a tube at a critical point 1/3 down the tubes length and that
the length of the chamber itself is involved in the equation. The end result
is a small package with deep resonance. Like Danny Devito.