Perma-Cool Elctric Fan - good or bad

From: Jack Hilton (hemi@charter.net)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 16:58:15 EDT

OK, I want to put the 16" Perma-Cool fan on my 99 R/T. For those of you
that have this fan ( I know there was at least one) here are a couple of
questions:

1) Is the 16' the size to go with? They make an 18", but I am unsure of
fitment and the 16" flows more air.

2) Reliable? I remember one owner having reliability problems with his.

3) If I do this, should I go with a smaller pusher in front of the AC
Condensor for *really* hot a humid Georgia days?

4) Did you use the Perma-Cool Temp sensor and fan actuator ? They have
an optional 160-210 kit, but like every other one I have seen, it has
that stupid sensor that you have to fish down the upper radiator hose
and it looks cheap as hell. Is there anyone that makes a sensor to
trigger the fan that looks at least well engineered ?

5) HURRY! I am gonna try and do this before I head to FL this weekend. :
)

Jack