Re: 2000 Quad Cab

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 22:59:04 EDT

Chris Lambert <mopar88@efortress.com> wrote:
>And the list divides again.... First the elitist R/T's, now the Quad
>Cabs... OK where is the 5-speed, CC, 2wd list... I would like to join...

Oh geez, not this thread again. Make up one and then there will be
one. Hey, all you Quad Cabbers, have you guys thought about forming a
National Quad Cab Club yet? Go for it, and do a National Meet, too!
There's nothing like an entire parking lot full of the same trucks to
turn heads. Or how about a caravan almost a mile long cruising down
the Interstate? Our first R/T meet in Detroit was a blast, and we're
lining up an even better event for year two in Topeka. Don't let the
people here get you down, you have a special type of Dakota, be proud
of it, form the comraderie, and above all, have fun! It's not about
being elitist, it's about owning the same truck. The other day I
passed an R/T on the highway on the way home, he honked and waved, I
waved back. He followed me to the house and we both jumped out
yelling "Nice truck!" at the same time. We then stood around for
about a half hour talking about mods. I didn't even know the guy.
Sorry, but that just doesn't happen with Dakotas in general. I don't
know if you Quad Cabbers will form that kind of automatic kinship or
not, but it's pretty cool if you ever get to experience it.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
14.769 @ 91.43
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club, Executive Board, SE Region
http://users.isaac.net/therrin/dakota.html