QuickD TB impressions WAS Re: Very disturbing sight/smell today

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 23:11:51 EDT

Well, now that we've had a couple days to learn the new settings...

With the air horns gone and the bores cleaned out and opened up, the
engine's no longer wheezing (I could actually hear it wheezing before as
the air tried to get around the horns and through the TB). It now GULPS
air. The torque/power band is definitely stronger, but I think it moved
up the RPM range a tad. The engine ROARS now once it starts pulling,
and it pulls a lot longer. I never had a problem with running out of
breath before, but it's got even bigger lungs now.

I don't have a dyno run, but I don't need one. This thing made a HUGE
difference in acceleration, and it feels like it "cruises" easier on the
highway.

If the belly pan gasket truly is blown, I think I'm going to ask them to
NOT fix it. Then I'll buy the MPI. No sense in replacing a shaky stock
part with another when there's a performance part out there, right?

As for the dealer, these guys get one more chance to do right by me. If
I'm not happy when I leave Wednesday night, I'll be asking for the
regional rep. I don't know what I'm going to do about a new dealer at
this point though, the 2 closest to where I live and work are on my
sh*tlist. The other 2 I know about around here are 20 miles away, and
one of them is one of those small-town places that barely even has a
lot.