Re: cutting cat - help!

From: DodgeKota4x4gurl@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 09:46:09 EDT

>From what I have heard, about my 318, I don't know if that's what you have or
not, I wanted to cut mine off just because I thought it would give me more
power with less obsticles for the exhaust to go through, so it could flow out
more freely. The muffler shop I am going to says they have done a lot of Daks
(one of which the guy works for the shop) they said if you cut off the cats
on them, it runs like dookey? That's just what they told me, I don't know of
anything for certain, but he said something to the effect of they would run
all the time like they do when they first start up in the morning? That would
not be a prob for me! it always runs good, it's a DODGE! ;o) He said these
motors need the back pressure of the cat. My question, there's nothing else
we could put under there??? FWIW

Ryan 95 318 4x4 Sporr