RE: cutting cat - help!

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 20:47:24 EDT

> My dakota has a bad cat and was curious if anyone ran into
> probelms just cuttting it off. I have well over 130,000
> miles and don't wanna spend a lot of cash for a new one
> installed. What about gas mileage?

First off you can't (by law) remove the cat( especially in places like NJ
where they do check for one). You can replace it with a HiFlo
(Dynomax,MESA). You will lose bottom end. The Dynomax cat cost like
$60(w/shipping)from Summit Racing. It cost me $100 to have it welded in.
COnsidering that to get a ChryCo replacement it would have cost me $168.00
for Koller Dodge, and then be installed. I think I made out.

Greg
95 Dakota Sport CC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ
ICQ: 283886