spark plugs

From: jdurling@mindspring.com
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 21:58:20 EDT

I waited a few weeks to try this out before I brought up an
observation/question about the autolite 3923 plugs. When I changed my
plugs I also changed my cap and rotor. From this I have noticed that the
truck runs smoother and has more power on tap. I have changed my cap and
rotor a couple of times before and have never seen the increase that I
have in power and the smoothness of the engine. I pulled out a set of
10k old truck plugs and they were burning perfectly fine from their
color. I pulled out one of the 3923's a couple of days ago and they
looked just as good. I know a set of new plugs can help out alot but not
ever like this. To top all of this off I have seen a definate
improvement in mileage (14mpg to 16mpg in town). Maybe this is from the
new plugs but in the last couple of sets I have used (including
replaceing the factory for factory) there has never been such a
noticalbe improvement. Sure, it ran alot better at first but after a
week or two at most it was back to it's usual self. This has just been
surprising to me that's all. Wo knows maybe there was something wrong
from the begining and a colder plug has always been whats needed what
ever it is I sure am glad.

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport