Re: dakota club cab 4x4 rt with a 5speed?

From: Ohm347@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 01:50:15 EDT

In a message dated 10/17/2000 9:54:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
therrin@isaac.net writes:
its the whole mating it up to a factory five speed that i can't believe. i
didn't think the trannie could handle the load from the 5.9. hence why you
can't buy an RT with a stick. for that matter you can't get the 5.9 with a
stick till you get into the 2500 ram's. and while i'm thinking on these
lines how would you get a 5.9 computer to deal with a 5 speed. all the
comp's are set up to run an auto unless you pulled the computer out of 2500
ram that had a stick and had a custom flash done to it. maybe that is what
the guy did. wonder how much that would cost? supercharger would probably
be cheaper.
derek

<< The vin is a dead giveaway. If that truck had come with a 5.9
 it would have a "Z" in the vin. Even without knowing the vin, there's
 just no way the Warren assembly plant would have produced a one off
 4x4 R/T just because some guy wanted one. If you still don't believe
 me, I could ask Kris Burl, who works at the plant, to discuss in more
 detail why it would never happen, and forward his reply to this list.
 Don't feel bad about not buying a 4x4 R/T, that guy didn't either.